Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Stolen from Lily Graypure

Follow these rules and see if you are as music savvy as I am.

Honor system ladies and gents!
If you cheat, you die.
If you win, I will buy you one Slurpee.
Unless you don't live near me. If you are an out of towner or stranger, I will give you mroe respect.
These songs are a true strange amalgamation of the addictions I have been through in the past few months as my pod is still new. So thats the best hint I can give to you.

A. If you’ve got an iPod or similar technology, copy your Top 25 Most Played.
B. Then pick a lyric from each.
C. Post the lyrics on your blog.
D. Have commenters guess what the song is.
E. Either strike out the lyric once it has been correctly identified or place the guesser’s user name directly after the lyric.
F. Extra points for knowing the artist. Let’s not go overboard and try to figure out albums. I’m not even sure I could figure some of them out. Heck, some of the lyrics would stump me and I'm the one posting them.
G. NO INTERNET ASSISTANCE.

1. Seemed like another dayI could fly into the eye of god on high
2. I've seen the writing on the wall
3. It's in your eyes what can I say, They turn me on
4. This thing's outrageous, I tell you on the level. It's really so contagious must be the work of the devil
5. I'm taking my time, trailing behind, I thought of you
6. Oh shit! Run through the ghetto
7. Seen somebody walkin' down the street, hangin' head and shufflin' feet
8. Days and nights. Weeks and months and seasons. Rolling through me. So chronologically.
9. They come from every state to find Some dreams were meant to be declined
10. You change all the lead sleepin' in my head to gold.
11. I feel like I'm heading up to a cardiac arrest
12. Blue, blue, electric blue. That's the color of my room where I will live.
13. We control the data banks, we control the think tanks
14. Oh what to do not a sausage to do. Brian Eno- Backwater: Justin Leo
15. Won't need no shadow man runnin' the government. Won't need no stinkin' war.
16. If you don't like the world your livin in. Take a look around. At least you got friends.
17. I got the fuel of desire, I got the fuel of desire
18. Chokin' like a one man dust bowl. Beck- Beercan: Justin Leo
19. I dont understand how a heart is a spade. But somehow the vital connection is made Elastica- Connection: Otis
20. He said he'd give up the crack and the one night stands Foo Fighters- Baker Street (Cover): Otis
21. So come and fill my empty arms and make my life worthwhile
22. I've seen those suit and tie John's buy you a drink, and buy you some more
23. The police disco lights
24. Bang! bang! goes the night. All wrapped up in the firelight
25. Bells around St. Petersburg when I saw you.


Good luck as this is NOT easy.

3 comments:

leo said...

14. Brian Eno - Backwater

18. Beck - Beercan - (Mellow Gold)

i'd feel special, but i think those were semi obvious...

whytri said...

#20 is "Baker Street", Foo Fighters version

whytri said...

#19 is "Connection" by Elastica