Sunday, August 20, 2006

How to Fight Lonliness

8. Alone, Jealous and Stoned

Yes. I get lonesome. I am lonely. And it kinda sucks. I remember posting many moons ago stating "I love being single." Well, it may be desperation, but I'd like to think that its just something to help me mix my stagnant life up. And lonliness is the word to descrive the year of 2006.

So I've decided that in this area, there isn't much in the way of me meeting new people. And that's not good. It seems that whenever I meet people who either live far away or are friends of friends, I find the kind of girls that I see myself attracted to. Whereas living at home, hanging with the same people and hanging with people who have girlfriends, it just doesn't work or help the situation.

To those ladies who live far away that I could work with:either move here or let me know if I can move to your area. Seriously. Stop being great!

To those people I know who may be more well connected than I am: Keep me abreast of situations where there might be awesome people that I can meet, mingle and get to know. This needs to end soon.

I deserve to be happy, right? Well somethings are turning up. I finally landed a shitty temp job. That's a start. Maybe I can meet another temp. Than have a temp relationship. Whatever. I just need out of this house, this area, this lame life that has come down to nothingness. I will have money coming in so guess where that is going. Two things. My bank account to save for an apartment and beer. Mostly to the first of these two things. Trust me, friends, I may have shut myself off from the world this summer. I didn't see a lot of people I should have and I complained about it. And that is because money is the route of all evil. However, there are times to be had.

I understand that although some of these posts have seemed somewhat intellectual, for the most part I have been complaining in a general sense how shitty life is. I apologize, but I really need to get a giant wooden spoon shoved into my life to mix things up. I'd like to think that this coming Friday shall be the christening of the vessel of greatness. Blue Ribbon 2 is slowly approaching. And I must say, its going to be great. There shall be a great number of randoms there that hopefully will make the final party of the Sexional the best.

Anyway, I leave with this song:

Sometimes life surprises
Cuz you never expected to be that
Dangerous disguises
That you never expect to see

Some things never change
Nothing's gonna change that
Some things you can't explain
Like why were all embracing conventional wisdom in a world that's just so unconventional

Made you turn around
But you never expected to see that
Thats what makes that sound
That you never expect to hear

Some things never change
Something's gotta change that
Some things you can't explain
Like why were all embracing conventional wisdom in a world that's just so unconventional

They dont know they're wrong
But you know that they never can see that
Thats what makes them strong
That they know that we'll never see
~Built to Spill

Too true.

No comments: