Monday, November 28, 2005

I can't put into action what it is I understand.

"That's the trouble with us Americans. We want a tragedy witha happy ending."

Surviving Desire. Just under an hour long, yet more amazing than many other film I have ever watched. In this chunk of time, Hal Hartley packs in comedy, philosophy, romance and tragedy. Unbeliveable the amount of awesome packed into this film. The leads, Jude (played by Martin Donovan) and Sofie (Mary Ward) have a convuluted relationship that reflects every relationship we have ever had. Described in one word, verbs. Seriously, do whatever you can to see this film. Essentially brilliant. Plus, it has a rediculous dance sequence.

That's about all I got to say about this for now. It's the only thing keepin' me going this week. Thanks again, Hal, for making me feel good about living.

No comments: