Monday, November 07, 2005

Addicted to the Bluth's

Thanks to my good friend Colleen and her addiction, I have now shared in a scary and somewhat life threatening addiction. No, it's not any narcotic (well, the jury is still out on that one), It's a little show called Arrested Development. Ahh yes. The Bluth family. By far the funniest and best television program in years and years and year.

And yes. It is the best. Screw all of you 24/CSI/Law and Order freaks. Those shows are pretty damn boring and get tiresome to watch. AD seems to never lose it's flair. I know its only on to it's third season (lucky for us... it almost got cancelled by this asshole.) Anyway, the laughs are non-stop, enough so that in watching it at work the other night, I had to rewind it and listen to a line I had missed in one episode where George Sr. sells Tobias for a pack of ciggarettes in jail. Nothing this original and hilarious has been on network tv since season 5 of Seinfeld. And the replay value is great as well. I noticed things I never saw before when watching certain episodes. In one episode, the Bluths build a fake model house which falls over. Buster decides he doesn't want to go to war, so he runs to let the house squash him, but he is saved by the window frame that falls around him. Now any of you film buffs know that Buster Keaton did the same gag in a silent film back in the good ol days of film. See any correlation here? So much depth is added to the comedy. TV is something I can't commit myself to doing. I find it hard to sit at the tv every week for a certain time and watch. And this, the one show I could do it for, is a problem since I have my radio show at 7-9pm. So do yourself a favor and watch Arrested Development. Its amazing.

No comments: