Friday, January 20, 2006

The Shape of Toxicity to Come



I usually don't listen to harder rock. But recently, I've discovered two different, yet ultimately hard rockin' bands. Thanks to my partners at Wow, I was introduced to the music of Refused (Jim Boyle) and a System of a Down (Richie). I knew about System but never got passed their singles until he rocked me the entire discography. So I've been listening to them a lot lately. And I decided to rehash my summer love of putting two artists with somewhat similar talents, sounds or outlooks and battling them against each other. Most of them spanned several discs, but this one is a singe disc perspective of these two bands that constitute the hardest rock I listen to. So here is my battle mix aptly titled after the two bands overall best albums, yet constituting songs from several of their other albums and EP's.

First song is Refused, then System and flip flops. In case you get confused.

I introduce to you: The Shape of Toxicity to Come- Refused vs. System of a Down

1. New Noise
2. Innervision
3. Burn It
4. Attack
5. Coup D'Etat
6. Chop Suey!
7. Summerholidays vs. Punkroutine
8. Cubert
9. Worthless is the Freedom Bought
10. Revenga
11. I Am Not Me
12. Boom!
13. The Deadly Rhythm
14. Jet Piloit
15. Refused are Fucking Dead (EP Version)
16. Chic 'N' Stu
17. Works of the Senses/Faculties of the Skull
18. Aerials
19. It's Not O.K...
20. B.Y.O.B.
21. Liberation Frequency
22. War?
23. The Refused Party Program
24. Soldier Side

Let the thrashing against the Man begin!

1 comment:

Werd said...

WE WANT THE AIRWAVES BAAAAACK
WE WANT THE AIRWAVES BAAAAACK
WE DON'T JUST WANT AIR TIME

...but sung in a Swedish accent.