Monday, January 09, 2006

9 Days of Yes

2006 has already exceeded my expectation of being a great year and it has only been 9 out of 365 possible days. Each day has been great. This is not to say that it can go terribly wrong, but its starting off the way it should. It's safe to say that it's so on for this year. And here are the reasons why.

1. New Beginnings- Meeting new like-minded folk is always a great way to start a year. And I thank my decision to hang out at Carly/John/Jill's on New Years to this. New people, and some of the old faces I don't see enough are going to play an integral part in my life. Collingswood will no longer be a void in my life. I will be there lots. And I will also be visiting NYC as much as humanly possible.

2. Last Semester of La Salle Career- With only 15 weeks of classes left till my existence as a student is over, I will soon be thrown into the real world. And I am totally stoked for this. Besides having interesting classes, internship (see #3) and my final days as a DJ and Editor for the Leeg, I will have my last chances at good times with the crews of Uber street and the Commuter lounge.

3. Internship- Working for the Philly Film Fest is going to be a huge experience. I am so excited to have been selected to rock this out. And I feel like it could either lead to a possible job, or at least just good times with the community of Philly in which I want to become a part of. Godspeed on this one!

4. Road Trip- Wether I go it alone, bus it with friends or get in a car and go, I am seeing this country right after school gets out. I need to see the following places: Chicago, The West Coast, A Few National Parks and thats about it. I'll also see whatever else is around there just to get a taste of the USA before I try and hightail it out of this country in the next ten years.

That's about that for the first half of the year. The rest of it I'm not looking forward to btu not because im afraid of what its going to bring. But it's in the future. Ill see it when that moment arrives. I'm sure summer will be good, i'm sure I'll find a job, and I'm sure the rest of the year will involve working, making money and saving to move into the city. But who knows. We'll see how it goes.

As for the past 9 days. Thank you. Smiles and good times all around. No more pessimism on this end. It's finally back to normality. I thank certain people for that. You no longeer make me frown or feel bad and you all bring smiles and good feelings to my heart.

1 comment:

L P said...

I'm glad you got that internship, congratulations.