Saturday, March 11, 2006

Mono in Stereo

That's the title I've come up with and I made a companion dance peice for it. I felt I needed to make a funky groove disc so when I read Cold "Fucking Peice of Shit" Mountain tomorrow, I won't want to slit my throat to some Cat Stevens songs and pray for death because the book makes my life feel meaningless. Seydow, you're only strike so far. Anyway, here is disc two of Mono in Stereo. Also, once I watch Thumbsucker tomorrow, I'll have another fancy double review for that and The Weather Man which I watched tonight rather than read that drudgery. So here it is. I keep going on tangents.

Mono in Stereo Disc II (Lot's of repeat artists)

1. The Shins- Baby Boomerang (T. Rex Cover!!!)
2. Weezer- I Just Threw Out the Love of My Dreams
3. David Bowie- Speed of Life
4. The Strokes- Juicebox
5. Wilco- Nothingsevergonnastandinmyway (Again)
6. The Raveonettes- Sleepwalking
7. Arcade Fire- Neighborhood #2 (Laika)
8. Dump- Raspberry Beret
9. Kings of Conveinence- Leaning Against The Wall (Remix)
10. Brian Eno- King's Lead Hat
11. Beck- Arabian Nights
12. Roxy Music- Do The Strand
13. The Fever- Put it On You
14. Of Montreal- Wraith Pinned to the Mist and Other Games
15. Electric Six- I'm the Bomb
16. Gorillaz- O Green World
17. Prince and the Revolution- Let's Go Crazy
18. Ted Leo and the Pharmacists- The High Party
19. Refused- Refused are Fucking Dead (Remix)
20. Talking Heads- The Great Curve

The last song is what made me want to make this mix. If anyone knows that song, they know you pretty much have to get up and get your funk on. 6 minutes of crazy guitar riffs, a pounding bass line, tons of latin-esque percussion and amazing overlapping vocal work PLUS guitar solo near the end by second generation King Crimson star Andrew Belew that melts my face each time with its howling precision of awesomeness. The rest was random pretty much, but they are all songs I like to rock out to and dance in my mind or by myself in my house. Anyway, check it out sometime when I'm no longer dead. You'll be surprised how much it rules.

Sorry I update so much readers. But I am really bored and totally losing my mind here in sick world. Just pray I get better and sleep untill I can return to the real world and have human contact, school and internship to talk about. I don't know whats going on with all that and stuff... I feel like I'm on the moon (more so then what Drew Stephan says about Philly... he has no idea what he's talking about anyway... he lives in the woods in Mass.... loser.)

So yeah. That's that.

No comments: