Friday, March 10, 2006

I was talking to preachy preach about kissy kiss

Yes, I'm posting twice in a day... but I was going to add this to the last one then I realized that I had to perfect this... so here it is... #2. I made a mix that has evolved a lot. I am saving a sweet transition for another time, but this mix documents the month of February through songs. This month has been harsh. I saw the end of promising relationships, the end of a great health record, the insides of this house for weeks and weeks and the beginning of insanity on my part. So this mix is random as hell. It's basically the reeling of the insiade of my head the past month. Mono seriously effed with my brain and my will to live. So here is the track listing. I'm just finishing the touches on the track listing and such, so this is the final cut.

1. Black Sabbath- The Wizard
2. System of a Down- Hypnotize
3. Pixies- Bone Machine
4. Lou Reed- Gimme Some Good Times
5. David Bowie- Sound and Vision
6. The Police- So Lonely
7. Dump- The Beautiful Ones
8. Brian Eno- St. Elmo's Fire
9. Neil Young- Powderfinger
10. Electric Six- Future Boys
11. Warren Zevon- Raspberry Beret
12. Electric Light Orchestra- Do Ya
13. Sufjan Stevens- In The Devil's Territory
14. Arcade Fire- Crown of Love
15. The Rolling Stones- Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo (Heartbreaker)
16. John Cale- Fear is a Man's Best Friend
17. Jeff Buckley- Morning Theft
18. King Crimson- Starless

The has yet to be determined. I'm leaning towards Enlarged Spleen since that is a symptom fucking Mono, but I haven't settled it yet. Leave some comments if you have a decent title idea based on track selection or on just general names.

Also, if you noticed, there are TWO Prince covers (and one by Warren Fucking Zevon!) so that is a tasty treat. Maybe I'll use a Prince quote as the title. I don't know. Regardless, these songs are just more or less my obsession over this past month. No real connection at all (except a few.) I think the only song representing anything remotely happy is the Bowie Track which I dance to all the time and E6's Future Boys since that night I actually got out and about and ROCKED HARD! Although I wanted to get faced and was unable to do so since I had Grauke till 9. Harsh. He kills me E6 drunken dancing buzz!! Whatever.

Another thing, I miss partying. I missed a sexional event last weekend for Mr. Robert Ealer. Lord knows I would have been in my element with full on Strega shots, Beer Pong with (Enter Name Here) and so much dancing to Beck. Nah, missed that... instead I sat at home, coughed so hard I probably gagged and watched movies and played XIII (which is really fucking fun I might add.) Tonight is 80s party at freaking Carly, John and Jill's place three blocks away. GOD! 80S! JEEZ! I would have made a mix chock full of Toto, Cory Hart, Prince, The Police and REO Speedwagon, brought it with me decked out with sunglasses at night and some wacked out costume and bought some kind of random beverage to drink and get so faced that walking home at 6am and almost getting hit with a newspaper would be yet another great feeling. And tomorrow is another EMO house event. Although no one besides Crasian, Joe Ross, Cara, Arly and Eryck are there that I care about anymore (besides random George visitation and sober Taylor-Lynn early hangouts.) The spirit and fun of the place is dead. I miss Steph! GRRR! Anyway, if I get better by this weekend, although it may be a bad idea, I am getting faced with Dr. Carey at that Stagency show and it will be Drunk-Tank-O-Liscous. I hate to sound like an alcoholic, but I miss the socializing that I have missed. It's harsh being cooped up.

Cabin Fever Must END!!!!!!!!!!

And Cold Mountain is the hardest book to get into.

That's all.

No comments: