Sunday, February 26, 2006

One More Red Nightmare

Tonight is the night. If I don't sleep tonight, I swear to the lord above that I will not be able to move tomorrow. Sleep is seriously the greatest thing about human life. Not interaction, not learning, not eating. Sleeping. I usually wouldn't say this. For a long time, I have been a fan of staying up as late as possible doing next to nothing, reading, watching movies, or expanding my mind with gambling and other vices. Now, that it has been OVER a week since I have had any fruitful sleep, I realize that sleeping is NOT for the birds (since if this were summer, lord knows I'd hear them chirpping away like crazy at 2am) but is the greatest American past time. Here is a nifty little article on how much sleep rules. And check out the stages of sleep. They all have clever names. There are 5 stages. They are called 1,2,3,4 and REM. The best part of this is that they explain morning wood. During REM, dudes get penile erections. So ladies, get over it if I'm hiding my wood early in the morn. That is nature, baby.

Back to sleeping, I definitely have Insomnia. Here is my proof.

Illness or medical problems.--It is not uncommon for people experiencing illness or medical problems to suffer from insomnia. Common conditions that often cause or exacerbate insomnia include: arthritis, chronic pain, breathing problems, heart conditions, hormonal or digestive disorders.

Fun fun fun. Now, how to I remedy this you might be asking? And why am I so confident?
Well, thanks to good ol' Dr. Higgins (my doc), I got a perscription of these teeny tiny pills called Lorazepam and I am taking max dosage tonight (2 pills) and hoping that I don't wake up until at least 5pm tomorrow afternoon. I don't see how I'm going to get better if I'm not sleeping.

So adventures in codine didn't work. So the T3:Rise of the Lorazepam better do the trick. If not, seriously... I will not be back in action till after break. At least that's what I'm fearing if I don't get some sleep tonight.

So keep me in your hearts for a while and hope I can make it to Mr. Ealer's B-Day this saturday. I'm not counting on it.

1 comment:

leo said...

So I' m on here now as well, mostly so I can post comments to you and Danno (okay, Danno, cuase he doesn't have mys), so you may link me now and give me a proper rock god (I'm waiting in excitement).

I hope you feel better. I have actually been on this Lorazepem stuff for some time now to combat anxiety attacks, although not as a daily thing. It doesn't always work perfectly, I should warn, though if all you need it for is sleeping, it should be okay. I had to move onto stronger stuff.. uuggghh. Illnesses and weaknesses and general depravity abound and they all suck. Especially during school.