Thursday, January 29, 2009

In The Wake of Poseidon: The Podcast?

I was listening to some old shows from my old radio show "The Lost Tracks" on WEXP, La Salle University and I really really got nostalgic. I miss broadcasting. I was thinking I should take this blog and do more than just text but try a weekly Podcast. Maybe get some vocal time again and post feeds with songs. I don't know if this is going to work, but I'm looking in the direction of the internet community. I want to podcast. First off, what are some tips or helpful websites and can I legally podcast without garnering the rights to music and all that jazz? I assume so since it will be free. I don't want money for it, I just want some experience. Anyone reading this: how does one podcast? I know how to make the audio files, I just need the tips with RSS feeds and all that jazz.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well you say you're already good with audio files, but just a heads up, if you're not using Audacity, you should check it out. It's a free/open source audio editor that's rpretty good.

As for RSS feeds. You've already got a blog, all you need is Feedburner. Http://www.feedburner.com will take care of the process of building an RSS feed, syndicating it to iTunes and even advertising, and it's owned by Google, so it's all free.

I have to do podcasting as part of my job and even I use Feedburner. Check it out.