Thursday, January 10, 2008

2007: My Life In Music

Every year, I do a blog post summing up the past year. Since this blog has become less personal in the past few months, this is kind of a sore thumb amongst posts, but tradition is tradition and I can't break most of my nostalgic traditions that I live by.


2007 was a year of status quo. That wasn't a bad thing, but nothing really changed. This was my first full calender year as a non student and although I miss some of the human interactions that institutionalized education gave me, I do NOT miss school. I moved out, I traveled to Italy, L.A. and Pittsburgh, the latter two on my own and I discovered some old bonds are hard to keep, but new friendships and relationships grow all the time.

It wasn't the best year, but it was a decent one. The mix reflects this feeling of longing for something more, but enjoying what you got all the same. Thanks to everyone who was there and thanks to those who dissappeared who and let me get over things. Distance helps sometimes and I think I want it all to stay that way.


Looking ahead to 2008, I see some major overhauls in my life. This is the first year I really think I need to make changes in the way I handle situations and enjoy my life. Being an adult is sweetass and I love it, but I'm ready for the next thing.

Here's the mix. This time, not as self indulgent as my two-discs forays in both the best and worst year of my life to date (2004 & 2005 respectively.)

1. Pete Townshend - Teenage Wasteland (Baba O'Riley Demo from Lifehouse)
2. Arcade Fire - Intervention (Neon Bible)
3. Islands - Rough Gem (Return to the Sea)
4. Dr. Dog - Ain't It Strange (We All Belong)
5. Mott the Hoople - Marionette (The Hoople)
6. Dinosaur Jr. - Back To Your Heart (Beyond)
7. Interpol - Rest My Chemistry (Our Love to Admire)
8. Lemons Are Louder Than Rocks - All My Old Friends (All My Old Friends EP)
9. Warren Zevon - Empty Hearted Town (Preludes)
10. Yo La Tengo - Barnaby, Hardly Working (Fakebook)
11. The Sharp Things - Through With Love (A Moveable Feast)
12. David Bowie - Word on a Wing (Station to Station)
13. Radiohead - Bodysnatchers (In Rainbows)
14. Daft Punk - One More Time (Discovery)
15. Justice - D.A.N.C.E. (Cross)
16. Wilco - Walken (Sky Blue Sky)
17. Procol Harum - A Whiter Shade of Pale (Best Of...)
18. Brian Eno - Everything Merges With the Night (Another Green World)

Onward and Upward in 2008.

1 comment:

DB said...

I love that Dinosaur Jr. song... That might be my favorite song of 2007 if not for Cass McCombs or The Teeth.